My Top Ten

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Welcome, Savory Spice Shop, Welcome!

Ok, so I am a little belated in my "welcoming" of the Savory Spice Shop to Colorado Springs, (they opened a store downtown on Tejon Street, Thanksgiving 2009) however; I am still thrilled to finally have them in town. They offer a wide array of largely organic, quality herbs, fresh ground spices, extracts, and spice blends at very reasonable prices. The above picture is of the storefront in Denver, when once upon a time we would make Saturday trips up to the shop so I could stock up on a bounty of goods for my cooking needs.
This was always a fun trip to make, as it's located across the street from REI Denver. Anyhow, if you haven't heard of them, you should give their website a quick peak: www.savoryspiceshop.com. But, let me tell you, it is much, much more fun to go into the shop. There is an entire shelving section donated to gourmet salts, at least six types of baking cocoas, free recipe cards, and fun kitchen gadgets. It's a superfoodie's dream.
If you're reading my blog, and you're not in Colorado Springs, no worries. You can order online, and it's a snap. So give them a try! I was instantly a fan of Savory Spice Shop, and I think you will be too.

No comments:

Post a Comment