My Top Ten

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

coming home...

We recently spent three weeks traveling, visiting churches & dear friends throughout Texas, Louisianna, Alabama & Arkansas, in an effort to raise awareness and support of our recent missionary status and all that entails.

It was so fun to see the southern states, enjoy the southern hospitatlity, sweet tea, the dreary ocean coastline, tour the USS Alabama & remember those who procured our freedoms (including Garrett's grandfather who served on one such ship), meet new friends, catch up with dear old friends, encounter different worship styles and experience varying church services -- all of them with one common goal, to push people closer to God. All of them, so encouraging and uplifting in their own right. It was such a blessing and an honor to spend the time we spent traveling and establishing relationship with quality people who love God deeply.

It was nice to come home, to our place of rest.  To be found waking in my own bed, to be situated back in "my" domain. Now home, with alloted time for reflection, I have found myself to be in a place of firm resolve that I am ready for the changes which lie ahead. I am ready for the Lord to stretch me and use me for his Glory. Too long have I lived for my own good. Too long have I opted out of pushing myself, giving of myself, loving others whom aren't easy to love.

I think there may be days when I look back at this blog post and, perhaps, cry for the challenges presently set before me. Or even better; breathe a sigh of relief. A sigh that may allow me to hold my head up high and know that I stepped into the unknown, into the challenge. That I did it. I know it won't be easy, but what matters, is that I was able to give my all to serve the King of Glory. To give Him everything I have to offer, my feeble self. God has a way of taking what little we are as human beings, and doing monumental feats through us. This shall be my story. I know it in my heart.

If anyone out there wonders, why? For us, it's simple. Garrett and I have decided to be intentional with the time we have on this earth. For us, for our family, it means answering the call given in Matthew 28:19. Everyone's purpose is different; but I challenge you:

Are you being intentional with your time? With your months, days, weeks, hours? Whatever you find yourself doing, whatever task you set your hands to; do it well. Do it with purpose and joy, and breathe life into the dry bones of this old world.

No comments:

Post a Comment