My Top Ten

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Gourmet Peanut Butter & Jelly

Well, I don't know any mom out there who can get around this ever-dependable lunchtime food. But I've got a delightful idea....make it "gourmet". This means you've got to spring for the good stuff. I promise it tastes so much better. And what makes it gourmet you ask? Justin's Honey Peanut Butter plus a real fruit spread = waa-laa.

If you know you're going to resort to this on days when lunchtime sneaks up on you or you just don't have the energy to make another meal 'cause - hey, didn't I just finish cleaning up breakfast no too long ago? Then do yourself and your kiddos a big favor, and make it taste good as well as be good for your body. Most jellies & jams are made with high fructose corn syrup, this bad, bad, bad! Purchase a real fruit spread made with cane sugar or organic sugar. I know Justin's costs a little more than other peanut butters, but the quality shines through. So, take my word and give it a try. You will not be disappointed. I still use other organic peanut butters for baking, but for the sandwich making, it's got to be Justin's. You know what they say...."Once you go Justin's you never go back".

Justin has created a very appetizing line of unique nut butters; including various peanut and almond butters to an outstanding chocolate hazelnut butter that outshines Nutella any day of the week. I haven't come across any Justin's nut butter that I didn't absolutely love.

Oh, and did I mention his new Organic Fair Trade Milk & Dark Chocolate Peanut butter cups? Mmm - good. Bonus, right now, there's a $1.00 off coupon inside each peanut butter cup package (or at least inside all of the ones I've been buying!) good on any jar of his 16 oz nut butters.


p.s. Justin's Nut Butter is a local company from Boulder, Colorado; but they are making concerted efforts to expand across the USA. My local mom n' pop health food stores, Whole Foods, Safeway and King Soopers carry his nut butters. Here is a list stores who carry his product, if you don't see it at a grocer near you then just ask the store manager the next time you shop about stocking Justin's on the shelf. Don't be afriad to let them know what you want! You are the customer, and they want to sell what you want to buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment