My Top Ten

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Quiche; Lish style





I used to make my own quiche and pie shells. Then I became a mama. So I happily traded in the glory days of whipping up my own from-scratch shells for the Wholly Wholesome shells (found at King Soopers & Whole Foods). They are moderatly priced and make the whole quiche process such a snap. I am one who bakes my shell before filling it with yummies because I personally abhor a soggy quiche or pie shell. But the directions say it's not necessary. For me, it is!

1)Bake or Don't (I'm wincing even as I type that) Bake your Shell
400 degress for approx. 10 minutes

2)Fill it with yummies
Ideas: Choose at least one of each
Veggie - chopped onion, bell pepper, green onion, leeks, tomato, spinach, asparagus, potatoes
Meat- ham, turkey, bacon, crab
Shredded Cheese -anykind, use 1 cup shredded cheese. If you like a creamier flavor, stick with mozzarella, or mix in some parmesan or romano. Otherwise, go for a sharp flavor with white cheddar or swiss.
Pour the yummies into your cooled pie shell

3)Whip up in a bowl:
5 eggs
1 cup half and half
salt & pepper

Pour the eggs over the yummies and fill that shell to the brim.
Bake @ 375 for approx 40 minutes.
Serve with hashbrown for breakfast or a nice green leafy salad & hearty roll for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment