My Top Ten

Friday, November 20, 2009

Presenting......the Scookie!

Yes, I have a new creation to share. I call it the Scookie (which I cannot take credit for, that was my ingenious husband). Scone meets cookie. That's the best way to describe this little treat.
I was going for winter spice cookie, and the "Scookie" was born!

Perfect with a cup of herbal tea! Enjoy:

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees

In bowl, mix dry ingredients together:
2 c flour
1 c oats
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 c craisins (could sub raisins)
1/4 c salted sunflower seeds
2 tsp freshly grated orange peel
1/2 tsp Chinese 5 spice

In 2nd bowl, mix wet ingredients:
1/2 c grapeseed oil
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c 100% maple syrup
1 egg, beaten

Mix dry ingredients into wet; mixture will be crumbly.
Loosely press into balls and bake for 11-13 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment